Monday, July 25, 2011

2nd Annual Backyard Campout

Last week Zayne and I camped out in the backyard. It was SO fun. I tried this last year with him and he freaked out at the thought of sleeping outside. But this year he was ALL about it! We went out and put the tent up and Zayne LOVED once it was set up. He unzipped and zipped it back up, over and over and over. For dinner we cooked corn on the cob and hot dogs... Zayne was all excited to tear into the corn, it is always so cute seeing little kids eating corn on the cob. After dinner we just hung out and played outside until it got dark. Once it was dark we cooked S'mores on the Grill with these new marshmallows made ESPECIALLY for S'mores...THEY WERE DELICIOUS! Since that night I have made one each night for myself! Thank goodness we finally ran out of chocolate to put on or I would be putting on pounds like no other! So after finishing the S'mores I got Zaynes portable DVD player in the tent and we got all comfy and cozy. Zayne thought it was so cool, and I loved seeing him loving it. I have been so anxious for him to get old enough to enjoy camping out with me, and this year it happened. I always loved camping out in the backyard with my brother and sister and couldn't wait to show Z how fun it is. I didn't take many pics since I was so focused on just enjoying this time with my family and FAVORITE lil' boy, but I did take one pic with my phone just before we fell asleep... (sorry it is hard to see)I can't wait to continue to do this EVERY summer with him...until he finds me to be not cool =)

No comments:

Post a Comment